From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audio cd problem
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:33:53
1 On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:23:29 -0700, Richard Fish wrote
2 > On 10/23/06, pat <pat@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I've lost possibllity to play audio CD on my Gentoo. I don't play audio
6 CDs very
7 > > often, so I have no idea what I've did and why I'm not able to play then.
8 Please
9 > > could someone point me to successful solution ??? I've googled but without
10 > > success :-(
11 >
12 > So you are using application foo and getting message bar? The fix is
13 > to do gamma.
14 >
15 > Seriously, we need to know what application you are using, and what
16 > error you are getting, or we have to guess at both the problem and
17 > the solution, rather than the normal thing we do which is to just
18 > guess at the solution. ;-)
19 >
20 > If you are using a GUI app, try running it from a terminal window to
21 > see if it produces any error messages.
22 >
23 > -Richard
24
25 Hi Richard,
26
27 Sorry, I've try both UI (alsaplayer) and command line (workbone) applications
28 to play audio CD and the result is the same: "Nothing to play." message.
29
30 Pat
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list