From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmerge python?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:42:59
1 Grant schrieb:
2 >>> I'm getting the following from portage on a critical remote system:
3 >>>
4 >>> <dev-lang/python-2.3.6-r2 (is blocking app-admin/python-updater-0.5,
5 >>> app-admin/python-updater-0.2)
6 >>>
7 >>> Am I suppose to un-emerge python?
8 >>>
9 >>> - Grant
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >> Perhaps you should update your python. Version 2.3 will be removed from
13 >> portage and is currently hardmasked. That triggers the depency bump.
16 > 'emerge -pv python' wants to install python-2.5.2-r5 in a new slot.
17 > Should I unmerge python, emerge the new python, and run
18 > python-updater? Will portage work once python has been unmerged? I'm
19 > being cautious because this is a highly critical system for me.
20 >
21 > - Grant
22 >
23 NO, do not unemerge python befor installing the new one!!!
24
25 It looks like your python is quite old. do you have version 2.4
26 installed? Then just do emerge -C =dev-lang/python-2.3.6-r2 and run
27 python-updater afterwards. Otherwise try to emerge python 2.5 in the new
28 slot, run the python-updater and remove version 2.3 afterwards.
29 Nevertheless after updating python-updater you should run "
30 python-updater -ee -v -p" to see what should be still updated.