From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmerge python?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:35:44
1 >> I'm getting the following from portage on a critical remote system:
2 >>
3 >> <dev-lang/python-2.3.6-r2 (is blocking app-admin/python-updater-0.5,
4 >> app-admin/python-updater-0.2)
5 >>
6 >> Am I suppose to un-emerge python?
7 >>
8 >> - Grant
11 > Perhaps you should update your python. Version 2.3 will be removed from
12 > portage and is currently hardmasked. That triggers the depency bump.
13
14 'emerge -pv python' wants to install python-2.5.2-r5 in a new slot.
15 Should I unmerge python, emerge the new python, and run
16 python-updater? Will portage work once python has been unmerged? I'm
17 being cautious because this is a highly critical system for me.
18
19 - Grant
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list