From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB ports reset/restart
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:20:43
1 On 03/06/2018 03:11 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 18:40:08 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is there a way to reinitialize USB ports without restarting the
5 >> computer?
6 >>
7 >> Two of my USB 3 ports stop working.
8 >
9 > Can you rmmod xhci_pci and xhci_hcd then modprobe xhci_pci?
10 >
11 > If that helps, it's a software issue, otherwise it may be a hardware
12 > fault that needs a reset. I too have found USB3 to be less than reliable.
13
14 I don't think I could do it; xhci_pci and xhci_hcd are compiled into the
15 kernel (not as module).
16
17 I know that if I restart the box the USB-3 will start working.
18 The box has an uptime 130 days and is my main server.
21 Thelma