From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic on 5.4.2 - not sure of cause yet
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 06:54:54
1 On 12/12/2019 10:18, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 >
3 > I have just installed fresh new gentoo installs with 5.4.2 and both
4 > machines use nvidia-drivers - I have not seen this at all.
5 >
6 > I have been doing a fair bit of compiling on one of the machines and
7 > haven't had any hiccups whatsoever.
8 >
9 > Dan
12 Thanks for the reply.
13
14 I think I have found the issue in another 3rd party blob-ish driver from
15 Magewell, which is for my capture card. I removed the capture card
16 (since this would stop the module from loading) and my system has not
17 had a panic since. I have not tried to upgrade back to 5.4.2 yet but as
18 I said before I was getting the error on 5.4.0 too.
19
20 Andrew