From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean wants to wipe out KDE3
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:29:09
1 On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 06:34:39 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Another problem, this time not technical. I just don't want many of
4 > those packages in my world file. I want to use depclean and have those
5 > packages removed when the package that depends on them is also removed.
6 > The depclean feature just got useless for those packages.
7
8 That's incorrect. You only need the packages you use in world, portage is
9 clever enough to figure out which dependencies are needed by 3.5 packages.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 If this leaves a waxy buildup - on anything - I'm coming back.