From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean wants to wipe out KDE3
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 04:35:02
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > [...]
3 > The reason is that KDE4 is a new product and has nothing to do with KDE3
4 > other than the name. And another reason is the problem I'm describing
5 > in this very thread which should have not been a problem if KDE4 had its
6 > own tree. Now I'm required to have non-straightforward voodoo performed
7 > to get things right just because the devs made a wrong decision.
8
9 Another problem, this time not technical. I just don't want many of
10 those packages in my world file. I want to use depclean and have those
11 packages removed when the package that depends on them is also removed.
12 The depclean feature just got useless for those packages.
13
14 Anyone still thinks it was a good idea to have KDE4 use the same tree
15 with KDE3? This is was clearly a wrong decision.
16
17 Workarounds are welcome.