From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I (partially) rebuild a package with emerge?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:18:40
1 On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:44:29 +0000, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi, gentoo,
3 >
4 > I've just emerged xorg-x11, and noticed that I had a wrong setting for
5 > VIDEO_CARDS in /etc/make.conf. Does emerge have a facility to rebuild
6 > only those portions of xorg-x11 dependent on that setting, or do I have
7 > to start again from scratch? I've perused the emerge man page, but not
8 > found this situation addressed.
9
10 What you failed to see if that VIDEO_CARDS flags are just an special type
11 of USE flags. Using -auDvN world will fix everything. Truly speaking,
12 xorg-server wouldn't even need to be recompiled (though that's what portage
13 will do). As far as I know, all these special USE flags for xorg-server
14 just push one of another xf86-video-* package(s) as dependencies, which in
15 turn install the required driver(s).
16
17 The rest of Xorg components do not relate to this, you shouldn't need to
18 recompile anything else unless it also depends on VIDEO_CARDS (only several
19 packages do, like DirectFB if I remember right).
22 Jesús Guerrero