From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 17:02:20
1 On Friday, 6 May 2022 08:59:33 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 5 May 2022 21:37:12 BST Michael wrote:
3 > > I've never had speakers blowing the audio chips driving them. I would
4 > > have
5 > > thought they would be protected electrically from such events occurring.
6 >
7 > The sound chips have failed on both my workstations' motherboards over the
8 > last five years or so. They only seem to last a couple of years. Each time
9 > I've plugged in a USB dongle instead, and both of those have now failed. Or
10 > perhaps it's the speakers and their amplifiers.
11 >
12 > > Anyway, more to the point, I had tried to configure a laptop to connect
13 > > over bluetooth to an AVR, but I couldn't get it to work until I installed
14 > > and used net-wireless/blueman. You may want to give it a spin.
15 >
16 > I will. Thank you. And Jack too.
17
18 No joy. I get the same result: "blueman.bluez.errors.DBusFailedError: br-
19 connection-profile-unavailable"
20
21 So far none of the remedies offered on the web have helped. What would help is
22 some idea of how the whole BT system works, but the more I look the more
23 complex it seems.
26 Regards,
27 Peter.