From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Very OT] KDE 4.0.0
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:43:09
1 On Saturday 19 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2
3 > @Alan:
4 > Drive to Hermanus, they have it there. ;-)
5 >
6 > The best beer in my book is Pilsener Urquell. Unfortunately, South
7 > African Breweries (SAB) has bought the brewery over there. I can't
8 > tell a decline in quality yet, but a friend of mine, a brewer at
9 > Namibia Breweries, tells me they can measure it already.
10
11 Can't stand the stuff myself. Fizzy. Like lemonade....
12
13 > In the long run, SAB will fuck Pilsener Urquell like they have fucked
14 > the beer of every brewery they have bought.
15
16 Except Miller's. That was already a complete cock-up and SAB didn't have
17 to change anything to meet QA standards :-)
18
19 > I have been told, though,
20 > that there are quite some micro-breweries in South Africa that still
21 > make good stuff.
22
23 And most of them come from Namibia! I rather like Windhoek.
24
25 Heineken, English ales and of course Guinness top my list. I won't even
26 mention the real German stuff as it's practically unavailable - doesn't
27 survive the trip out here well.
32 Alan McKinnon
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
34 --