From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skipping interactive emerges
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 22:59:01
1 On Friday 18 September 2009 13:57:36 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 10:16 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > There's got ot be an easy answer to this, but I've looked in the portage,
4 > > emerge and make.conf man pages to no avail. Is it possible to have
5 > > emerge skip interactive ebuilds during a world update?
6 >
7 > What is an interactive ebuild? I've not seen one.
10 An ebuild that waits for you to input data before it continues. I've not seen
11 one for a long time, but they were usually used for proprietary packages that
12 require you to interactively accept a license.
13
14 Such things go against the spirit of portage so they are consequently rare.
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com