From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] insatiable revdev-rebuild SOLVED
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:57:10
1 At Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:31:57 +0200 Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 04 October 2007 05:37:19 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> An emerge (of openssl, I believe, but am not sure) a few days ago
5 >> triggered a request for me to run
6 >> # revdep-rebuild --library libcrypto.so.0.9.7
7 >> # revdep-rebuild --library libssl.so.0.9.7
8 >>
9 >> I have done so. The revdep-rebuild for libssl found nothing, but the
10 >> one for libcrypto rebuilt openssl. However rerunning the command
11 >> again again rebuilt openssh. A msg had explained that this is
12 >> possible but didn't suggest that the request would never end. I have
13 >> run the revdep-rebuild for libcrypto 4 times and it keeps rebuilding
14 >> openssl
15 >>
16 >> What should I do to fix this problem?
17 >
18 > It also told you to remove lib{crypto,ssl}.so.0.9.7 after running those
19 > revdep-rebuild commands. revdep-rebuild finds that libssl.so.0.0.7 links
20 > against libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and the hack (preserve_old_lib from eutils.eclass)
21 > that the openssl ebuild uses to preserve those libraries until you've done
22 > this makes it look like they belong to the new version of openssl (even
23 > though they really don't)..
24
25 As always Bo's reply solved the problem completely. I apologize for
26 missing the remove commands. I shall read the instructions more
27 carefully in the future.
28
29 thank for the help.
30 allan gottlieb