From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] insatiable revdev-rebuild
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:48:36
1 On Thursday 04 October 2007 05:37:19 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > An emerge (of openssl, I believe, but am not sure) a few days ago
3 > triggered a request for me to run
4 > # revdep-rebuild --library libcrypto.so.0.9.7
5 > # revdep-rebuild --library libssl.so.0.9.7
6 >
7 > I have done so. The revdep-rebuild for libssl found nothing, but the
8 > one for libcrypto rebuilt openssl. However rerunning the command
9 > again again rebuilt openssh. A msg had explained that this is
10 > possible but didn't suggest that the request would never end. I have
11 > run the revdep-rebuild for libcrypto 4 times and it keeps rebuilding
12 > openssl
13 >
14 > What should I do to fix this problem?
15
16 It also told you to remove lib{crypto,ssl}.so.0.9.7 after running those
17 revdep-rebuild commands. revdep-rebuild finds that libssl.so.0.0.7 links
18 against libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and the hack (preserve_old_lib from eutils.eclass)
19 that the openssl ebuild uses to preserve those libraries until you've done
20 this makes it look like they belong to the new version of openssl (even
21 though they really don't)..
24 Bo Andresen