From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Before locking out myself...
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:46:43
1 On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> [11-11-23 20:08]:
3 >> meino.cramer@×××.de asks:
4 >>
5 >> > Is it right, that is simple to pull out the old card and insert the
6 >> > new one or do I badly forget anything ?
7 >>
8 >> Just be sure to shut the machine down before doing that. You might lock
9 >> yourself out for quite a while if not.
10 >>
11 >>       Wonko
14 > Hi *
15 >
16 > This mail is written while looking at it via a display driven by a msi
17 > 560 ti ! TADA! :)
18 >
19 > Thanks a lot to you all for the quick a helpful postings!
20 >
21 > Currently I am using  the 290.06 driver which works "fine enough" for
22 > the first and I am curious what 290.2 will bring, when it appears
23 > in the great world of gentoo :))
24 >
25 > On question remains:
26 > When rendering via Blenders shiny new Cycles GPU renderer,
27 > nvidia-settings shows a performance of 51% and nothing more.
28 > I switche to "Maximum performance preffered" but this does
29 > not really anything worth mentioning...
30 >
31 > Do I understand "51%" wrong here or...
32 >
33 > Best regards,
34 > mcc
37 Congrats on getting it running. Now let's hope for stability! ;-)
38
39 As for Blender I don't really know as I don't use it. However possibly
40 nvidia-settings can give you a clue. My 465 has 2 GPUs. If you have 2
41 GPUs but only one is being used then ... 51%, etc.
42
43 I can watch the GPU clock rates along with thermal stuff from the
44 nvidia-settings gui. Maybe that will show you more about what Blender
45 is doing. There is also nvidia-smi from the command line that gives
46 info also.
47
48 HTH,
49 Mark