From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Before locking out myself...
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:22:13
1 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> [11-11-23 20:08]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de asks:
3 >
4 > > Is it right, that is simple to pull out the old card and insert the
5 > > new one or do I badly forget anything ?
6 >
7 > Just be sure to shut the machine down before doing that. You might lock
8 > yourself out for quite a while if not.
9 >
10 > Wonko
13 Hi *
14
15 This mail is written while looking at it via a display driven by a msi
16 560 ti ! TADA! :)
17
18 Thanks a lot to you all for the quick a helpful postings!
19
20 Currently I am using the 290.06 driver which works "fine enough" for
21 the first and I am curious what 290.2 will bring, when it appears
22 in the great world of gentoo :))
23
24 On question remains:
25 When rendering via Blenders shiny new Cycles GPU renderer,
26 nvidia-settings shows a performance of 51% and nothing more.
27 I switche to "Maximum performance preffered" but this does
28 not really anything worth mentioning...
29
30 Do I understand "51%" wrong here or...
31
32 Best regards,
33 mcc