From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 21:40:30
1 I don't know.
2
3 If it was a kernel issue directly, I'm pretty sure that manually
4 switching wouldn't be a viable workaround to begin with. The fact
5 that the manual method still works means that your kernel and actual
6 video handling code is probably fine.
7
8 The fact that it won't work automiatcally, but still can work
9 manually, strongly hints at a configuration issue. Though after your
10 reply I'm not sure if it's something in /etc or if a setting in your
11 kernel configuration is messed up.
12