From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Formating a USB stick
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:12:39
1 > Who mentioned data loss? Formatting in Windows reduces the risk of
2 > Windows complaining about the format. It may not be standards-compliant,
3 > but at least is is consistently broken.
4
5 Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but just a note, in fstab, you should
6 use the option iocharset=utf8, otherwise it's tough to write to the
7 disk in Linux. Just reformatted my usbstick today in XP and was
8 setting up automounting in Linux and encountered this error.
9 Otherwise things seem fine.
10
11 Regards,
12 daid