From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - MythTV recordings are jumpy
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 04:21:50
1 On 2007-09-15, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >>> My MythTV recordings are jerky. Every couple of seconds the
4 >>> recordings will jump sort of pause for about half a second and
5 >>> then jump ahead. Has anyone else seen this? How can I fix it?
6 >>> Here's my info:
7 >>
8 >> What PVR board do you have? 150,250,350,500?
9 >>
10 >> What did you configure as the playback device?
11 >>
12 >> Does mplayer playback video files smoothly on that machine?
13
14 > As for the PVR, it's a 250. mplayer plays videos smoothly,
15 > yes.
16
17 Does mplayer say it's using the Xv output device? Something
18 like this?
19
20 VO: [xv] 512x384 => 512x384 Planar YV12
21
22 Does mplayer play the MythTV recordings smoothly?
23
24 [We're trying to figure out if the problem is in the recording
25 or in the playback.]
26
27 > I'm not sure what you mean by the "playback device".
28
29 When you configure the MythTV front-end you can select a device
30 to use for playback (for example you can use the MPEG2 decoder
31 in a PVR-350). If you left it at the default value it's
32 probably OK.
33
34 > AFAIK I haven't changed it from the default, whatever that
35 > is...
38 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Am I elected yet?
39 at
40 visi.com
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list