From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openssh-7.1_p1-r2 won't allow "nxserver" to connect [continued]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:06:46
1 On 11/25/2015 01:04 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:55:43 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Which you would expect if that was not the problem. From memory, I
5 >>> think your problem was caused by password logins as root being
6 >>> disabled. That was another change for 7.0 and my only comment on that
7 >>> is "why the hell did they wait until version 7.0 before getting rid
8 >>> of such and insecure default?".
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >> in sshd_config
12 >>
13 >> #PermitRootLogin yes
14 >> or
15 >> #PermitRootLogin no
16 >>
17 >> I can connect using openssh-6 but not 7-xx
18 >
19 > Because the setting is commented out so it falls back to the default,
20 > which is yes in 6 and no in 7. Set it to what you need instead of relying
21 > on defaults which can change.
22
23 Yes, nxserver works with openssh-7; I don't know why I couldn't make it
24 to work during upgrade few weeks ago :-/