From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openssh-7.1_p1-r2 won't allow "nxserver" to connect [continued]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 20:04:24
1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:55:43 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > > Which you would expect if that was not the problem. From memory, I
4 > > think your problem was caused by password logins as root being
5 > > disabled. That was another change for 7.0 and my only comment on that
6 > > is "why the hell did they wait until version 7.0 before getting rid
7 > > of such and insecure default?".
10 > in sshd_config
11 >
12 > #PermitRootLogin yes
13 > or
14 > #PermitRootLogin no
15 >
16 > I can connect using openssh-6 but not 7-xx
17
18 Because the setting is commented out so it falls back to the default,
19 which is yes in 6 and no in 7. Set it to what you need instead of relying
20 on defaults which can change.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 The people who are wrapped up in themselves are overdressed.