From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage mirrors difference???
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:01:08
1 pk wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 >> pk wrote:
4 >>> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> [snip]
7 >>
8 >>> Right now I have a GLSA warning on the european configured one:
9 >>> 200808-12 [N] Postfix: local...
10 >>>
11 >>> On the other one there is no GLSA warning, although both wants to
12 >>> upgrade to postfix 2.5.5
13 >>
14 >> how did you run glsa-check? With 'affected', 'all', or 'new'?
15 >
16 > "glsa-check -l | grep -i '\[n\]'"
17 >
18 >>> This has been like this for about a week now. Does anyone know why
19 >>> this difference occurs? I'm just curious...
20 >>
21 >> Have you synced both machines again recently? glsa-check only updates
22 >> it's information when you sync portage, so it could be that one rsync
23 >> server had the advisory before the other one, and you just synced
24 >> while they were different.
25 >
26 > Well, just for the sake of it I tried it again (both machines are
27 > sync'ed right now). The "european" shows the GLSA for Postfix. The other
28 > one doesn't show anything.
29 >
30 > When I do "emerge --with-bdeps y -DupN world", Portage wishes to upgrade
31 > both machines to Postfix-2.5.5. Strange...
32
33 OK, first lets see that both machines have the same advisory:
34
35 glsa-check -l | grep -i postfix
36
37 If so, perhaps the "non-affected" machine says [A] or [U]. Could you
38 have already applied an update? Perhaps the update was in a pre 2.5.5
39 version of postfix that you applied to one machine only?
40
41 > Thanks for answering!
42
43 np! cya,
47 There's something different about us -- different from people of Europe,
48 Africa, Asia ... a deep and abiding belief in the Easter Bunny.
49 -- G. Gordon Liddy