From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Virtualization
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:01:20
1 On Tuesday 08 September 2009 18:56:50 walt wrote:
2
3 > Are you seeing something very different at your end?
4
5 Yes. I've created just one VM (this is on my KDE-4 test system). On the
6 Details tab I get a list of configuration variables with their values.
7 Under CD/DVD ROM I have "Mount CD/DVD drive" selected, and the "Host CD/DVD
8 drive" drop-down box contains just the one entry: /dev/fd0.
9
10 That's why I said I can't install a guest OS - the VM can't read the
11 installation CD. Have I to make an ISO from the CD and mount that? Seems
12 like a bit of a roundabout route if so.
15 Rgds
16 Peter