From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Virtualization
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:32:12
1 On 09/09/2009 05:35 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 08 September 2009 18:56:50 walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> Are you seeing something very different at your end?
5 >
6 > Yes. I've created just one VM (this is on my KDE-4 test system). On the
7 > Details tab I get a list of configuration variables with their values.
8 > Under CD/DVD ROM I have "Mount CD/DVD drive" selected, and the "Host CD/DVD
9 > drive" drop-down box contains just the one entry: /dev/fd0.
10 >
11 > That's why I said I can't install a guest OS - the VM can't read the
12 > installation CD. Have I to make an ISO from the CD and mount that? Seems
13 > like a bit of a roundabout route if so.
14
15 I'm attaching a screen capture of the dialog window I see when mounting an
16 ISO file on the vm's virtual CD player. If you are seeing something very
17 different, then that's where we need to start debugging.
18
19 I hope this group doesn't object to binary attachments -- it's fairly small.

Screenshot-vbxp - Settings.png image/png