From: Vladimir Romanov <blueboar2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update remote system in background
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 07:50:11
1 Yes, you can use "screen" program (Docs:
2 https://net2.com/how-to-use-the-screen-command-on-linux-to-keep-your-remote-task-running-when-the-connection-drops/)
3
4 пт, 24 апр. 2020 г. в 12:47, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>:
5 >
6 > Hello,
10 > I am able to ssh into a remote system that I would like to update. I’d like to run emerge without keeping the local system connected for the whole duration of the update (probably several days). Is it possible to:
14 > - ssh remote_machine
15 >
16 > - emerge -uDvN world
17 >
18 > - background and detach in some way the emerge process
19 >
20 > - logout from ssh
21 >
22 > - several days later, ssh into the remote_machine, reattach the emerge and check the output or continue the emerge
26 > Thanks,
30 > raffaele
34 > PS I’ll do it _after_ openssh update.