From: Michele Alzetta <michele.alzetta@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update remote system in background
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 07:51:48
1 ... or tmux ...
2
3 https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki
4
5 Il giorno ven 24 apr 2020 alle ore 09:50 Vladimir Romanov <
6 blueboar2@×××××.com> ha scritto:
7
8 > Yes, you can use "screen" program (Docs:
9 >
10 > https://net2.com/how-to-use-the-screen-command-on-linux-to-keep-your-remote-task-running-when-the-connection-drops/
11 > )
12 >
13 > пт, 24 апр. 2020 г. в 12:47, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>:
14 > >
15 > > Hello,
19 > > I am able to ssh into a remote system that I would like to update. I’d
20 > like to run emerge without keeping the local system connected for the whole
21 > duration of the update (probably several days). Is it possible to:
25 > > - ssh remote_machine
26 > >
27 > > - emerge -uDvN world
28 > >
29 > > - background and detach in some way the emerge process
30 > >
31 > > - logout from ssh
32 > >
33 > > - several days later, ssh into the remote_machine, reattach the emerge
34 > and check the output or continue the emerge
38 > > Thanks,
42 > > raffaele
46 > > PS I’ll do it _after_ openssh update.