From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: how do I kick a MAC address off my hostapd WiFi network?
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:36:25
1 On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 10:10 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Daevid Vincent wrote:
3 > > Anyways, sometimes I have stupid neighbors who don't quite "get it"
4 > > and will just blindly let their computers connect to my WAP. UGH!
5 > > They sit on it for hours and days and generally piss me off.
6 > >
7 > > How can I boot someone off my network? I usually add them to my
8 > > shorewall blacklist file, and then:
9 >
10 > You run dhcp? Just exclude that MAC address from getting a lease.
11 >
12 > No IP address = no route = problem solved
13 >
14 > For a second level of teach-them-a-lessonness, iptables has a 'mac'
15 > extension. Use that to match the MAC address and DROP all patches in
16 > your outgoing firewall FORWARD chain
17
18 Better yet.. redirect them to a (random) page that shows everything
19 about cats.
20
21 I read this one from google.
22 --