From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: how do I kick a MAC address off my hostapd WiFi network?
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:23:11
1 On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 > Anyways, sometimes I have stupid neighbors who don't quite "get it"
3 > and will just blindly let their computers connect to my WAP. UGH!
4 > They sit on it for hours and days and generally piss me off.
5 >
6 > How can I boot someone off my network? I usually add them to my
7 > shorewall blacklist file, and then:
8
9 You run dhcp? Just exclude that MAC address from getting a lease.
10
11 No IP address = no route = problem solved
12
13 For a second level of teach-them-a-lessonness, iptables has a 'mac'
14 extension. Use that to match the MAC address and DROP all patches in
15 your outgoing firewall FORWARD chain
16
17 alan
20 Optimists say the glass is half full,
21 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
22 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
23
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
26 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list