From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:17:43
1 On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:03:20 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2
3 > > More seriously, there is such a thing as a bad question, and they
4 > > significantly outnumber the good. Most questions provide too little
5 > > information to get a really useful answer. GIGO applies here as much
6 > > as anywhere else.
7 >
8 > While I agree with you in general, I still think that most noise on
9 > most mailing lists is due to bad answers, not questions. Answers tend
10 > to get triggered by keywords without the answering folks reading the
11 > whole question.
12
13 That's a fair point, but there are also a lot of bad answers because the
14 questions required too much guesswork to answer.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Out of sorts? Heck, I'm out of *most* algorithms!