From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:09:45
1 On 21 February 2007 18:03, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:17:45 +0000, Peter Lewis wrote:
3 > > I'm a big fan of the "there are no stupid questions, just stupid
4 > > answers" way of thinking.
5 >
6 > A job providing technical support will soon cure you of that :)
7
8 :-)
9
10 I will never take up a technical support job because I know I will soon start
11 to throw bricks through the phone line. For the same reason, I can not be a
12 teacher - not a good one, anyway.
15 > More seriously, there is such a thing as a bad question, and they
16 > significantly outnumber the good. Most questions provide too little
17 > information to get a really useful answer. GIGO applies here as much as
18 > anywhere else.
19
20 While I agree with you in general, I still think that most noise on most
21 mailing lists is due to bad answers, not questions. Answers tend to get
22 triggered by keywords without the answering folks reading the whole question.
23
24 So I put up with the occasional bad question. ;-)
25
26 Uwe
29 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
30 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
31 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
32 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list