From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 01:57:27
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > Joerg Schilling ha scritto:
3 >> "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Joerg Schilling ha scritto:
6 >>>> Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 >>>>
8 >>>>
9 >>>> Why do you continue to attack me?
10 >>>>
11 >>>> Do you really believe that this helps?
12 >>> Repeat with me, Joerg.
13 >>> "No one is attacking me."
14 >>
15 >> Just because you did not read it to it's end does not meanthat he did
16 >> not
17 >> attack me. He write that "I am pissing him off".
18 >
19 > That's no attack Joerg. That's a statement about himself, not you.
20 > If he said something like "Joerg is a moron" that would be a personal
21 > attack. No one is saying that (at least, not me, nor him). He is
22 > simply stating, instead, that your behaviour makes him feel nervous,
23 > which is something different from attack.
24 >
25 > Please, please, please: stop *always* assuming bad faith from anyone
26 > that is not immediately agreeing with you. We asked this before and we
27 > ask this again, and we will ask it until it happens. Please. That's
28 > the *main* block to be surpassed if we want this to be a reasonable
29 > thread
30 >
31 > (The other is your admittedly elusive attitude to release fully
32 > details on what happened, both on your webpages and this thread -for
33 > example, we still have *no* link about the supposed attacks you
34 > received *before* the relicensing, despite repeated requests for that).
35 >
36 > m.
37 I think it is in here:
38
39 http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html
40
41 specifically (quote):
44 In fact, this happened around y2004. I received a patch that was
45 intended to add UTF-8 support to mkisofs.
46
47 Unfortunately, the code quality of this patch was lousy. It
48 tried to incorrectly initialize a structure and it handled only
49 a few obvious cases. Many important issues with UTF-8 support
50 have been completely ignored. As a result, I rejected this patch
51 because I do care about code quality (I still need to be able to
52 maintain the code in a few years). The people in the Linux
53 distribution could have fixed the problems and created a useful
54 solution but they did not do this.
55
56 Now these people have been in trouble and needed an excuse for
57 their behavior. They created the fairy tale that there is a
58 license problem in cdrtools. They created a network of
59 "cooperation" and supported some people which created a fork of
60 cdrtools based on the fairy tale.....
61
62 (end quote)
63
64 regards