From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Odd Chrome behavior when dragging tab to create new window
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 17:47:59
1 On 2021-09-27, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 7:25 AM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 >>
5 >> But now the "Use system title bars and borders" option doesn't work.
6 >
7 > Strangely the dragging a tab problem has never occured for me on
8 > Kubuntu.
9
10 I think the window dragging problem only happened with some window
11 managers.
12
13 [regarding titlebar breakage]
14 > I run stable so I haven't seen the fix in Chrome beta yet but
15 > good to know it's coming. In my case I took Frank's suggestion
16 > and implemented the window on a virtual desktops and now I
17 > don't have to mess with my mouse and the title bar pin.
18
19 Did you try the fix mentioned elsewhere: go to chrome://flags and
20 disable something with the words "ozone" and "X11" in it?
21
22 That fixed the titlebar problem for me.
25 Grant