From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Odd Chrome behavior when dragging tab to create new window
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:56:37
1 On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 7:25 AM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On 2021-03-12, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Yesterday afternoon, both Chrome and Chromium started behaving oddly.
6 > >
7 > > When I drag a tab out of it's parent window to create a new window
8 > > (this is something I do a lot, every day), it works normally until I
9 > > release the mouse button. Then, instead of staying where it's put the
10 > > new window will follow the mouse cursor around the desktop anytime
11 > > Chrom(e|ium) has focus.
12 >
13 > It looks like this has been fixed!
14 >
15 > But now the "Use system title bars and borders" option doesn't work.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Grant
21 Strangely the dragging a tab problem has never occured for me on
22 Kubuntu.
23
24 I run stable so I haven't seen the fix in Chrome beta yet but
25 good to know it's coming. In my case I took Frank's suggestion
26 and implemented the window on a virtual desktops and now I
27 don't have to mess with my mouse and the title bar pin.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark