From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bluetooth and headset with gentoo...
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 04:49:02
1 On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi people!
3 > I am not getting smart how to connect my bluetooth headset on gentoo
4 > linux having a continues connection with an alsa device.
5 >
6 > Is there anybody here who did that before?!
7
8 I do it all the time.
9
10 > For any support from you I would thank you.
11
12 I use GNOME and PulseAudio. It just works. You go to Bluetooth
13 Settings, add a new device, detect the headset, do the pairing and
14 that's it. You can dynamically change from the headset to the built in
15 sound card (or cards), or set individual programs to work with the
16 headset (like Skype, for example).
17
18 I'm using GNOME 3.0 and PulseAudio 1.0, but it worked like this since
19 GNOME 2.2x.
20
21 Regards.
22 --