From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openrc->systemd command comparison
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:53:31
1 Am Wed, 01 Apr 2015 09:43:21 +0100
2 schrieb Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Wednesday 01 April 2015 02:04:05 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
5 >
6 > > """
7 > > # If you have cgroups turned on in your kernel, this switch controls
8 > > # whether or not a group for each controller is mounted under
9 > > # /sys/fs/cgroup.
10 > > [...]
11 > > # Set this to YES if yu want all of the processes in a service's cgroup
12 > > # killed when the service is stopped or restarted.
13 > > # This should not be set globally because it kills all of the service's
14 > > # child processes, and most of the time this is undesirable. Please set
15 > > # it in /etc/conf.d/<service>.
16 > > # To perform this cleanup manually for a stopped service, you can
17 > > # execute cgroup_cleanup with /etc/init.d/<service> cgroup_cleanup or
18 > > # rc-service <service> cgroup_cleanup.
19 > > # rc_cgroup_cleanup="NO"
20 > > """
21 >
22 > # grep -i cgroup /usr/src/linux/.config
23 > CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
24 > # CONFIG_CGROUP_DEBUG is not set
25 > CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
26 > # CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE is not set
27 > CONFIG_CGROUP_CPUACCT=y
28 > # CONFIG_CGROUP_HUGETLB is not set
29 > # CONFIG_CGROUP_PERF is not set
30 > CONFIG_CGROUP_SCHED=y
31 > # CONFIG_BLK_CGROUP is not set
32 > # CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_CGROUP is not set
33 > # CONFIG_CGROUP_NET_PRIO is not set
34 > # CONFIG_CGROUP_NET_CLASSID is not set
35 >
36 > I wonder which of those, taken from my openrc system, are needed for the
37 > feature you quoted. I don't remember now why any of them are set at all,
38 > unless it was from a recommendation in a help text.
39
40 Apparently it's (partially) due to CONFIG_GENTOO_LINUX_PORTAGE (not
41 CONFIG_GENTOO_LINUX_INIT_SCRIPT as I originally thought):
42
43 Selects: CGROUPS [=y] && NAMESPACES [=y] && IPC_NS [=y] && NET_NS [=y]
46 Marc Joliet
47 --
48 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
49 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup