From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openrc->systemd command comparison
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:43:29
1 On Wednesday 01 April 2015 02:04:05 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > """
4 > # If you have cgroups turned on in your kernel, this switch controls
5 > # whether or not a group for each controller is mounted under
6 > # /sys/fs/cgroup.
7 > [...]
8 > # Set this to YES if yu want all of the processes in a service's cgroup
9 > # killed when the service is stopped or restarted.
10 > # This should not be set globally because it kills all of the service's
11 > # child processes, and most of the time this is undesirable. Please set
12 > # it in /etc/conf.d/<service>.
13 > # To perform this cleanup manually for a stopped service, you can
14 > # execute cgroup_cleanup with /etc/init.d/<service> cgroup_cleanup or
15 > # rc-service <service> cgroup_cleanup.
16 > # rc_cgroup_cleanup="NO"
17 > """
18
19 # grep -i cgroup /usr/src/linux/.config
20 CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
21 # CONFIG_CGROUP_DEBUG is not set
22 CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
23 # CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE is not set
24 CONFIG_CGROUP_CPUACCT=y
25 # CONFIG_CGROUP_HUGETLB is not set
26 # CONFIG_CGROUP_PERF is not set
27 CONFIG_CGROUP_SCHED=y
28 # CONFIG_BLK_CGROUP is not set
29 # CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_CGROUP is not set
30 # CONFIG_CGROUP_NET_PRIO is not set
31 # CONFIG_CGROUP_NET_CLASSID is not set
32
33 I wonder which of those, taken from my openrc system, are needed for the
34 feature you quoted. I don't remember now why any of them are set at all,
35 unless it was from a recommendation in a help text.
38 Rgds
39 Peter.