From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] block for zfs-0.8.0 how to fix safely
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 19:04:59
1 On Tue, 28 May 2019 09:54:11 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > I would personally do the switch during a kernel update, so that you
4 > can leave your old modules around and boot the old kernel.
5
6 The unmerge will only remove the "current" version of the module, so if
7 you have more than one kernel fully installed, the older ones will
8 be unaffected.
9
10 > I'm honestly not sure if portage will leave the old kernel module in
11 > place when doing the switch. Looking at my kernel directory I see old
12 > spl modules so when re-emerging spl it isn't removing the old modules.
15 Look at the output from qlist, portage only lists the last installed
16 module, older ones aren't removed when you reinstall on a kernel upgrade.
17 However, this blocker requires you to uninstall spl, so the current
18 version will be removed. I still have the file after the upgrade, but it
19 is now owned by the zfs-kmod ebuild.
20
21 % qfile /lib/modules/4.19.44-gentoo/extra/spl/spl.ko
22 sys-fs/zfs-kmod (/lib/modules/4.19.44-gentoo/extra/spl/spl.ko)
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray
29 and the blinking red light.