From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enabling DMA on SE7520BD2S
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:53:19
1 Jaroslaw Kapica wrote:
2 > Well I tried few diffrent combinations of drivers before, (I've even
3 > compiled all drivers in ;} ), but it didn't help too. There are too many
4 > posibilities to gues the right one, moreover I think that it maight be
5 > sth somewhere else?
6
7 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX should be your driver. Please also attach the appropriate
8 parts from dmesg.
9
10 Did you try removing CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC? If the ATA drives won't get recognised
11 without it, the PIIx driver doesn't know your chipset.
12
13 > I forgot to mention in last post that I use vanila-sources-2.11.11 with
14 > no module support enabled and grsecurity patch.
15
16 This should probably be 2.6.11. There were some major updates regarding Intel
17 chipsets in 2.6.12. I'm not sure if your chipset is also affected.
18
19 Christoph
20 --
21 echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3