From: Jaroslaw Kapica <jaroslawkapica@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enabling DMA on SE7520BD2S
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:31:29
1 >>I'm using Intel Server Board SE7520BD2S with 3
2 >>disks, 2xSATA WDC
3 >>WD1200JD-00H (sda & sdb) and 1xATA133 Seagate
4 >>ST3120026A (hda).
5 >>SATA disks seem to work fine (though they show some
6 >>warnings during
7 >>tests), but I can't enable DMA on /dev/hda.
8 >
9 > I've had this problem on two systems so far. The
10 > solution, for me, was to compile *into* the kernel
11 > support for the respective mobo chipsets: nvidia for
12 > one, ali for the other.
13
14 Does by respective you mean that youre motherboards have nvidia and ali
15 chipsets? I know that this problem is usually caused by not compiling
16 proper drivers in.
17 Well mine motherboard is based on Intel E7520 chipset. Does youres was too?
18 But I did as you said and compiled in once nvidia, then ali, both of
19 them, but it didn't help.
20
21 Well I tried few diffrent combinations of drivers before, (I've even
22 compiled all drivers in ;} ), but it didn't help too. There are too many
23 posibilities to gues the right one, moreover I think that it maight be
24 sth somewhere else?
25
26 I forgot to mention in last post that I use vanila-sources-2.11.11 with
27 no module support enabled and grsecurity patch.
28
29 Maybe someone is using this motherboard with ATA (not SATA) disk and
30 could send me his/her config for comaparision? I attach my to this message.
31
32 Jarek

config-2.6.11.11-grsec text/plain