From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way to clean up the world file?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 18:19:01
1 Jack wrote:
2 > On 6/6/19 1:37 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >> On 6/6/19 10:50 AM, Jack wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I'm not going to even try regenworld, as I'm in the midst of
6 >>> converting to the 17.1 profile, and have quite a number of packages
7 >>> that don't yet seem to cope with that change well.
8 >>
9 >> Fair.
10 >>
11 >> I'm not thinking about the 17.0 to 17.1 migration yet.
12 > It still seems not quite ready for prime time.
13 >> I'm wondering what, if anything I need to do to clean up gcc:
14 >>
15 >> % gcc-config -l
16 >>  [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-6.4.0 *
17 >>  [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-8.2.0
18 >>  [3] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-8.3.0
19 >>
20 >> I seem to remember going from older /to/ 6.4 being a bit touchy.
21 > I currently have only 8.3.0 installed, and I don't remember having any
22 > problems with the upgrade from whatever previous version I was using.
23 > I assume (can't remember) that I did rebuild a number of other
24 > packages before/when I removed the older version(s), but my current
25 > rig is far too slow to even consider an "emerge world" (would take at
26 > least a week) so I'm pretty selective about rebuilding stuff.
30 I don't recall having any problems with the GCC upgrade either.  I'd
31 check the news items to be sure if anything special needs to be done but
32 I don't recall anything.
33
34 Dale
35