From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way to clean up the world file?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 17:43:26
1 On 6/6/19 1:37 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 6/6/19 10:50 AM, Jack wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm not going to even try regenworld, as I'm in the midst of
5 >> converting to the 17.1 profile, and have quite a number of packages
6 >> that don't yet seem to cope with that change well.
7 >
8 > Fair.
9 >
10 > I'm not thinking about the 17.0 to 17.1 migration yet.
11 It still seems not quite ready for prime time.
12 > I'm wondering what, if anything I need to do to clean up gcc:
13 >
14 > % gcc-config -l
15 >  [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-6.4.0 *
16 >  [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-8.2.0
17 >  [3] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-8.3.0
18 >
19 > I seem to remember going from older /to/ 6.4 being a bit touchy.
20 I currently have only 8.3.0 installed, and I don't remember having any
21 problems with the upgrade from whatever previous version I was using.  I
22 assume (can't remember) that I did rebuild a number of other packages
23 before/when I removed the older version(s), but my current rig is far
24 too slow to even consider an "emerge world" (would take at least a week)
25 so I'm pretty selective about rebuilding stuff.