From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: removal of esound
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 05:36:33
1 Hartmut Figge wrote:
2 > Hartmut Figge:
5 >> Now, installation of esound was necessary for my SeaMonkey to be able to
6 >> notify of new mail with a custom sound file. I do *not* want pulseaudio,
7 >> so, do you know of an replacement for esound which could work with
8 >> SeaMonkey?
9 > Summary of the thread:
10 >
11 > Without esound there is an uncaught exception when trying to play a
12 > custom sound in Preferences->Mail& Newsgroups->Notification even with
13 > the official builds of SM from mozilla.org.
14 >
15 > Timestamp: 09.01.2012 07:18:12
16 > Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
17 > code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsISound.play]" nsresult:
18 > "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame ::
19 > chrome://communicator/content/pref/preferences.js :: PlaySound :: line
20 > 99" data: no]
21 >
22 > The solution may be using pulseaudio. On the other hand, removing
23 > pulseaudio is usually one of the first recommendations in the wine
24 > groups when problems occur. ;)
25 >
26 > Now, removing esound is no longer a problem for gentoo-user. I may take
27 > it upstream to mozilla.org.
28 >
29 > Hartmut
30
31 When you take it upstream, tell them it doesn't work in Fluxbox plus the
32 GUI you are using. It may help them narrow down the problem.
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
40
41 Miss the compile output? Hint:
42 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"