From: Platoali <platoali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ati or Nvida
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:21:02
1 On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Robin Atwood
2 <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > On Tuesday 17 Jun 2008, Platoali wrote:
4 >
5 >> And I want to know which one is better supported in Linux kernel
6 >> regardless of how much open/free the drivers is. I'm currently
7 >> thinking between Nvidia Quadro fx 1700 and Ati firegl 5600. Does
8 >> anyone have any comment about them?
9 >
10 > I don't know if this helps but my laptop has an Mobility Radeon 9600 M10 chip
11 > which I use the x11-base/x11-drm drivers with and it's fine. I think it's
12 > only 2D though, i.e. googlemaps is unusable. However, everything is
13 > open-source.
14 >
15 > HTH
16 > -Robin
17 > --
18 > ------------------------------------------------------
19 > Robin Atwood,
22 My main use for this graphic card is blender and as many know, all the
23 interface is written in OpenGL, so any graphic card without 3D is
24 useless for me.
25
26 I don't think the new generation of integrated Gpu/Cpu works for
27 professional graphic applications. I think Ati and Nvidia will have at
28 least their pro customers in future for their high end graphic cards.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list