From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde 4.2 no prefixed problems
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:54:53
1 On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Friday 13 February 2009 19:01:32 Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I installed kde-4.2 with USE="kdeprefix" two weeks ago and everything
6 >> I needed was working all right.
7 >>
8 >> Then I decided to change my USE flags and delete kdeprefix in order to
9 >> have kde in /usr. After that I:
10 >>
11 >> - Did an emerge -uDN world
12 >> - Deleted my user folders .kde*
13 >>
14 >> The result was a kde-4.2 merged back, but with the following
15 >> applications crashing:
16 >
17 > Unmerge EVERYTHING related to KDE-4.2. Every last package you can find,
18 > including Qt. Inspect emerge --depclean carefully and run it. Examine your
19 > world and make sure there's nothing left from KDE4. Make especially sure you
20 > are not mixing stuff from an overlay and the portage tree.
21 >
22 > Then rebuild the whole lot the way you want it with the actual USE flags you
23 > want. This seems the wrong way round, but it isn't. I spent almost a week
24 > struggling to no avail with krunner and kopete doing the same things as yours,
25 > when complete reinstall fixed all of it in 8 hours.
29 Thank you Alan,
30
31 I guess Complete reinstall is the way to go ...
34 Andrés