From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power-down during emerge -u world causing library-issues
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:56:50
1 On 11/1/05, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Fernando Meira wrote:
6 > > So, there are some missing libraries and others causing conflicts..
7 > > don't know if that was caused by the power-down, or something while
8 > > updating was running, but how can I fix this? Should I reemerge some
9 > > packages? If so, which ones?
10 > >
11 > > Thanks for the help,
12 > > Fernando
15 > Totally shooting in the dark here. Do you have dbus and udev in your
16 > USE line in make.conf? You may want to reemerge dbus and then do a
17 > etc-update and env-update just to make sure. If you didn't have dbus
18 > and udev in there, don't forget the --newuse thing for emerge.
21 udev was in use.defaults but I didn't have dbus! Anyway, that only makes
22 difference to ecore.. no other package in my system has that flag (as it
23 seems so..)
24
25 That is one problem I have not ran into before. May want to clean those
26 > fans. All the compiling in Gentoo sure does make a lot of heat build
27 > up. Only folding could be worse.
30 Yes, indeed.. it will be the 3rd time i do it.. the strange is that it was
31 from one day to the other that cpu temperature started to rise like that.. 2
32 days ago was not going higher than 60C... during the yesterday's emerge 70C
33 was the average!
34
35 Hope that helps until a guru comes along. Gives you something to check
36 > anyway.
39 Thanks!!
40 I'll then downgrade dbus back to dbus-0.23.4-r1, and see if it works!
41 Fernando