From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power-down during emerge -u world causing library-issues
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:40:01
1 Fernando Meira wrote:
4 > So, there are some missing libraries and others causing conflicts..
5 > don't know if that was caused by the power-down, or something while
6 > updating was running, but how can I fix this? Should I reemerge some
7 > packages? If so, which ones?
8 >
9 > Thanks for the help,
10 > Fernando
13 Totally shooting in the dark here. Do you have dbus and udev in your
14 USE line in make.conf? You may want to reemerge dbus and then do a
15 etc-update and env-update just to make sure. If you didn't have dbus
16 and udev in there, don't forget the --newuse thing for emerge.
17
18 That is one problem I have not ran into before. May want to clean those
19 fans. All the compiling in Gentoo sure does make a lot of heat build
20 up. Only folding could be worse.
21
22 Hope that helps until a guru comes along. Gives you something to check
23 anyway.
24
25 Dale
26 --