From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: where is /dev/ttyS* ?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:31:47
1 --- Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> writes:
4 >
5 > > #pon <isp>
6 > > /usr/sbin/pppd: In file /etc/peers/hd:
7 > unrecognized
8 > > option '/dev/ttyS0'
9 >
10 > Sorry if it sounds obvious, but do you have serial
11 > port built into the
12 > kernel ? Is it recognised at boot up ?
13
14 As modules in /etc/modules.autoload.d/2.6. And they
15 all load before /etc/conf.d/net is reached. Don't tell
16 me I have to put them in the kernel now. That's lame.
17 It assumes I want to dial out every time I boot up.
18 Not true.
21 > Was the old softlink created by the kernel or udev ?
22
23 Don't know. But now the link(if you mean the sym-link
24 from net.lo to net.ppp0) is made in /etc/conf.d/net
25 where it says cd something something, ln -s net.lo
26 net.ppp0. Which is confusing because why does it have
27 to make the link every time the PC boot's. And then
28 when it boots it says something like "file already
29 exists". But see my thread "emerge wvdial issues" for
30 more detail.
31
32 I even created the device useing mknod with the major,
33 minor numbers from ../Documentation/devices.txt.
34
35 No dice.
36
37 -Maxim
42 > --
43 > Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm,
44 > Firefox
45 > Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm,
46 > Gnus
47 >
48 > --
49 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
55 Do You Yahoo!?
56 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
57 http://mail.yahoo.com
58 --
59 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list