From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] State of ATi drivers in Linux -- IMO, it's horrific...
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:11:28
1 On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:59:21 -0400, Hal Martin wrote:
2
3 > The fact that the
4 > Gentoo Wiki dealing with ATI drivers is outdated and references AGPGART
5 > so many times I actually began to think that my system had AGP on it.
6 >
7 > Does someone have a better guide on how to setup an ATI/AMD graphics
8 > card in linux using the drivers provided in the portage tree?
9
10 The Wiki is not official Gentoo documentation, it relies on users keeping
11 it up to date. Try http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml for the
12 official line.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.