From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: C++ code on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:52:50
1 On 17 August 2005 15:18, James wrote:
2 > Bryce Verdier <btv <at> cs.pdx.edu> writes:
3 > > Does the code compile and work on any other machine (that doesn't have
4 > > nvwa compiled?)?
5 >
6 > It compiles and runs but it does not display video to the local
7 > gentoo linux system. The author claims it works on SUSE.
8 >
9 > > Also, have you tried upgrade nvwa, i see from the website that .6 is out.
10 >
11 > Well, I do not think this is the problem. If somebody knowns
12 > what they are doing with C++, then it is a good tool,
13 > but I'm an old C/assembler hack....
14 >
15 > > I don't really know how to help you, but i don't mind trying. ;)
16 >
17 > I can email the sourcecode to you, compile it and see what you think. You
18 > can check the sourcecode and make suggestions, as the original
19 > author may not be a real whiz either, or something is missing
20 > from the sources, and it is only intended to run on Fedora or
21 > Suse. I just don't know. If you or anyone will consider helping
22 > me a little bit, send me some private email at:
23
24 I am quite good at C++ and may be willing to help. If you tar up the source,
25 how big is the tarball? Please don't send it right away. I am sitting here in
26 Africa and am connected via a percussion group. You don't want those guys die
27 of exhaustion. ;-)
28
29 Uwe
32 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
33 developers. - Linus Torvalds
34
35 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
36 --