From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: C++ code on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:29:46
1 Bryce Verdier <btv <at> cs.pdx.edu> writes:
4 > Does the code compile and work on any other machine (that doesn't have
5 > nvwa compiled?)?
6
7 It compiles and runs but it does not display video to the local
8 gentoo linux system. The author claims it works on SUSE.
9
10 > Also, have you tried upgrade nvwa, i see from the website that .6 is out.
11
12 Well, I do not think this is the problem. If somebody knowns
13 what they are doing with C++, then it is a good tool,
14 but I'm an old C/assembler hack....
15
16 > I don't really know how to help you, but i don't mind trying. ;)
17
18 I can email the sourcecode to you, compile it and see what you think. You
19 can check the sourcecode and make suggestions, as the original
20 author may not be a real whiz either, or something is missing
21 from the sources, and it is only intended to run on Fedora or
22 Suse. I just don't know. If you or anyone will consider helping
23 me a little bit, send me some private email at:
24
25 wireless@×××××××××××.com
26
27 James