From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Auto-mounting USB drive?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 04:35:56
1 On 25 May 2009, at 20:23, Альфар wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Now make file /etc/udev/rule.d/z98-usb-flash.rules with this content
4 > SUBSYSTEM=="block", SYSFS{idProduct}=="2338",
5 > SYSFS{idVendor}=="152d", NAME="name" RUN+="/bin/mount /dev/name /
6 > media/name"
10 > Change idProduct and idVendor and to your data. And name too. With
11 > this name your device will apear in /dev. And of course mkfir /media/
12 > name
13
14 I hope you won't be offended, but this seems a whole load more complex
15 than the OP's single line in /etc/fstab, which really ought to work.
16
17 Of course /etc/fstab is no good if the drive's going to be plugged &
18 unplugged at whim throughout the day - I know there are better ways to
19 do that - but I would be bothered, myself, why something's not working
20 as it _so obviously_ ought to.
21
22 Mark: yes, I don't see any reason NOT to address by label (e2label or
23 whatever XFS / Reiser use) these days. The only thing I can think of
24 is that your USB drivers or the kernel module that does USB mass-
25 storage is not loaded in time during boot. Aren't there any messages
26 about failed mounts amongst the kernel messages on the screen?
27
28 Stroller.